Applications for New APIP Membership & Renewals 2017 - 2018Date added: 20 Sep 2017
Applications for new membership (1st November 2017 - 31st October 2018) are now being accepted. Current memberships can now be renewed through the Member's Area or by posting payment to the address at the bottom of this page when accompanied with a completed application form (click here to download).
The Association of Personal Insolvency Practitioners (APIP) is a voluntary organisation that was formed in 2013. Members are personal insolvency practitioners (PIPs) who are authorised and regulated by the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI).
Every PIP who is registered with the ISI is entitled to apply to APIP to be admitted as a member.
APIP is a voluntary association of its members and is not legally incorporated. While it does not have regulatory powers and duties, APIP has gained recognition from the ISI and other representative groups since it was founded in 2013. The APIP committee works closely with the ISI and lobbies the government for reform on behalf of members. This progress was manifested in the new measures introduced in the Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Act 2015, and the pending reduction in the bankrutpcy term to one year.
APIP Membership Benefits
Each APIP member is part of a national organisation with nationwide members. While PIPs are independent, they can work together to tackle debt problems on a national level.
Members benefit from a nationwide presence by being part of a national organisation that communicates key messages offline and online of behalf of its members.
The APIP committee engages with the government for reform on behalf of members.
PR and Communications
APIP’s PR and communications campaign positions APIP – and all of its members – as the experts in the area of insolvency and debt solutions.
APIP’s campaign seeks to clarify that:
- PIPs are the only insolvency experts who are independent, regulated and authorised by the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI).
- APIP is a voluntary organisation that is at the forefront of debt solutions in Ireland and works in conjunction with the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) and the government.
Press releases to the media can be viewed here.
Media coverage can be viewed here.
Each member is part of an online network - through APIP's website, social media and e-zine - that promotes APIP, as a national organisation, and its members, as individual PIPs who are experts in debt solutions.
Membership of APIP also includes:
- An individual page for each member on the APIP website under "PIPs by Area" featuring the member’s headshot, business logo, contact details and 150 word bio.
- One monthly blog/article per member published on the APIP website (with links included on the monthly e-zine).
- Links back to each member's business website from the APIP website.
- Promotion of members and their blogs through APIP's social media networks; Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Increased communication with stakeholders through APIP's monthly e-zine, which is distributed to:
- APIP members
- Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI)
- Personal Insolvency Practitioners (PIPs)
- Other debt organisations, such as MABS and FLAC
- Citizen Information Centres
- Members of the government
- Online subscribers (through the APIP website)
Become a Member of APIP
Membership of APIP is subject to the rules and regulation of the association and is also subject to an annual membership fee. APIP will not give personal insolvency advice or opinion. Its primary function for members is to keep them apprised of new developments and represent the interests of its members.
Membership of APIP applies from the 1st November to the 31st October annually and the fee is €300.
To join APIP you can APPLY ONLINE HERE or DOWNLOAD OUR APPLICATION FORM and return it together with a cheque/bank draft/postal order for €300 to the secretary at the following address:
Tara Cheevers, c/o ACO Financial and Business Solutions, The Steeple Buildings, High Street, Trim, Co Meath.
Renew Your Membership Online
If you are already a member you can renew your subscription by logging into the Member's Area and clicking on the "Renew Membership" link under "My Account Info".
Renew By Post
Please complete the application form in full and return it together with a cheque/bank draft/postal order or confirmation bank transfer for €300 to the secretary at the following address:
Tara Cheevers C/o ACO Financial and Business Solutions, The Steeple Buildings, High Street, Trim, Co Meath.